Review of Save Phace "Grunt" Goggle

Mission Forums PF Gear Talk Review of Save Phace "Grunt" Goggle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I sweat. A lot. More than most people. And I wear a mesh face mask when I play airsoft. So for me, goggles are a fantasy. I have tried wipes, drops, even went so far as to buy a $160 pair of ESS Turbo Fans to prevent fogging. Nothing has ever worked. Ever. I fog any goggle, always.

So when I saw, “Guaranteed not to fog” on the package of these Save Phace “Grunt” goggles at Thunder Kiss NW, my Bullshit Detector went on full alert.

However, I have heard nothing but great things about the Save Phace masks that are used at the Oregon Airsoft Arena so I thought, why not give them a try.

The day I tried them was a soggy, rainy, muddy day at Camp R&R. Perfect conditions for foggy goggles. I was huffing and puffing, mesh face mask sending my breath every which way. Then suddenly, I had some fog form, so I had to take a few moments to wipe and dry the lenses. I’m glad I didn’t just give up and throw on the mesh, because I had little to no more issues of fogging the rest of the day (maybe had to give a little wipe here and there, but again it was a soggy, wet day). Super crisp and clear, I was able to see better than… well, ever.

They worked better for me than my $160 ESS Turbo Fan goggles.

I’d call these a supreme value for $25. On a 1-10 scale I give these Save Phace “Grunt” Goggles a solid 8.5, only because of the occasional needed wipe, but again, that was probably due to the rainy day. And remember, I sweat. A lot.

What I’d like to see: Yellow Lenses. My old eyes just like them in a tactical environment.

But that’s not really a complaint, more of a request for an accessory.

These goggles rock!

UPDATE!!!

Had terrible time with these the second time round. Granted, it was super, super damp and my mask was sending my breath into the goggle a bit. But it was not good. They need a fan on these goggles, that would probably make them perfect.

3/22/2013 – Locked due to spam problems

CrossBow

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Review of Save Phace "Grunt" Goggle’ is closed to new replies.